Part A: Yoga for Autism
50-Hour Continuing Education Course
This course is designed for yoga teachers as well as other professionals working with the autism community, such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, special needs teachers and others working with the autistic population.
What to expect
- Information on autism and how to teach a Samadhi Spectrum class
- Yogic topics covered specific to autism include asana, pranayama, energy work, diet, nutrition and anatomy
- One-on-one attention from teachers
- Small classroom setting
- How to create a personal practice
- A structured and relaxed atmosphere that encourages open dialogue and sharing
What you will gain
- 50-Hour Continuing Education Course from Yoga Alliance
- Opportunity to use towards Yoga Alliance 500-Hour Advanced Certification through Samadhi Sun
- Knowledge and expertise to confidently teach yoga to the autism community
- Opportunity to work with Ashrams for Autism
Sharon Manner | Founder of Ashrams for Autism and Samadhi Sun Yoga School
With 35 years of yoga and mediation practice, Sharon Manner has experience first hand how yoga helps to reduce stress. For the past 11 years, inspired by parenting a 24-year-old daughter with autism, she has developed and presented programs exclusively tailored to benefit individuals on the Spectrum. To date, Ms. Manner’s work has positively impacted the lives of thousands of adults and children throughout the United States and Canada along with more than 150 individuals trained to bringher trainings into their schools and community organizations that serve individuals with autism.
Margabandhu "John" Martarano | Master Herbalist, Nutritional Expert, Director of Integral Yoga Institute, Fairlawn
Margabandhu has served as the Director of the Fairlawn, NJ Integral Yoga Institute for more than 35 years. Margabandhu accepted the position at the request of Sri Swami Satchidananda, then founder of IYI. He is a Senior Certified Integral Yoga Teacher, proficient in all aspects of Yoga, having received instruction and guidance directly from Gurudev. Margabandhu is a Certified Massage Therapist, specializing in Accupressure and Reflexology. He is also a Master Herbalist and studied with many noted experts, including, Viktor Kulivinkas, Smoky Santillo and Dr. Ralph Dale.