Part B: Managing Stress through Yoga and Mindfulness
50-Hour Continuing Education Course
Learn advanced mindfulness and stress management tools to help support families of individuals with autism and other special needs. Participants with learn how to guide parents and professionals who work with people on the spectrum to use mindfulness techniques. This course is also designed for parents of individuals with special needs who seek a mindfulness approach to creating balance and harmony in the home environment. You will gain tools and techniques that will encourage wellness and healing to improve the quality of life for the entire family.
What to expect
- Information on autism and how to teach Samadhi Spectrum class
- Yogic topics covered specific to autism, which includes but not limited to asana, pranayama, energy work, diet, nutrition, anatomy.
- One-on-one attention from instructors
- Small classroom setting
- How to create a personal practice
- A structured and relaxed atmosphere that encourages open dialogue and sharing
What you will gain
- Completing both Yoga for Autism and Managing Stress Through Yoga and Mindfulness courses certifies you to be a 100-Hour Yoga Teacher
- Advanced mindfulness and stress management tools
- Alternative healing methods to decrease stress levels
- Knowledge on how to improve the quality of the home life
- A comfortable learning environment with expert teachers
- Opportunity to use towards Yoga Alliance 500-Hour Advanced Certification through Samadhi Sun
- Knowledge and expertise to confidently teach yoga to the autism community
- Opportunity to work with Ashrams for Autism
In addition to Sharon Manner, and Margabandhu Martarano, this training is taught by:
Dr. Marc Rosenbaum | Founder of Education for Excellence
Since 1993, Dr. Marc Rosenbaum, founder and director of Education for Excellence, has presented social/emotional learning programs to more than 5000 New York City public school parents, teachers and administrators. He has authored the course texts and curriculum guides Masterful Parenting (the book your parents had read), El Arte de Ser Padres, Masterful Parenting (creating meaningful connection with your child) and Education for Transformation.